Steps to Regaining Your License in Florida
Florida ignition interlock laws may require drivers convicted of driving under the influence (DUI) to install an ignition interlock device on every vehicle they own or which is registered to them. [more]
Here’s how to get back on the road after a DUI in Florida – quickly, safely and legally.
- You will need to apply for a hardship license. Go here and select your county and look for “Under Suspension – Need Driver License for Work”
- Enroll in a 12 Hour Florida Advanced Driver Improvement course and get your enrollment certificate. You must complete this course within 90 days after reinstatement, or your license will be canceled
- Complete any other requirements such as community service and substance abuse education
- Get your 30-day driving record from your county clerk
- Obtain an SR-22 Certificate or other proof of financial responsibility. A car insurance agent can help you with this.
- Make an appointment to have your ignition interlock installed. Call LifeSafer at 1.800.634.3077 or go here to find the location nearest you. LifeSafer will verify your eligibility for an interlock and guide you through the process. You will receive a certificate as proof of installation
- Take all forms to the DHSMV, pay any applicable fees and fines, and receive your hardship license
- That’s it! You’re good to go. But remember…
- Come in for regular monitoring. This is essential for proper maintenance of the program as well as a condition for keeping your restricted license
LifeSafer® Ignition Interlock of Florida
LifeSafer offers complete installation and monitoring on a wide range of vehicles to help you maintain compliance with Florida DUI conviction restrictions.
- Low cost
- Reliable “alcohol specific” technology – no false positives
- Expert technicians to help you every step of the way
- Direct communication with the state of Florida to keep you in compliance with state reporting requirements
- 24/7/365 customer service, so you’ve always got the support you need
Get Started now. Find a LifeSafer installer here or call Toll Free 1.800.634.3077