An Attitude of Respect:
While driving legally is your responsibility, you can expect your LifeSafer Service Provider to be knowledgeable, supportive, attentive to confidentiality and someone you can count on throughout the program. LifeSafer Service Providers understand the expectations and requirements of the criminal justice system and are committed to helping you succeed in your program.
The LifeSafer Ignition Interlock devices look like a hand held portable phone with a long coiled cord connected to a small relay module that fits inconspicuously under the dash and is wired and tamper sealed into the vehicle’s ignition system. The installation will not damage your vehicle. LifeSafer uses only qualified Service Providers to install your device. Prior to the installation, both the mechanical and electrical systems are inspected to make sure the vehicle is capable of supporting the proper functions of the interlock. It is important to note that the proper use of this device will NOT drain or damage your battery or electrical system and/or components or interfere with the normal operations of your vehicle in any way. HOWEVER it is your responsibility to maintain your car battery and charging systems and vehicle in good working order.
National coverage by 800+ Service Provider locations ensures convenience and local responsiveness to your questions or situation. Technicians are on-call to respond to service issues if and when they arise — no matter the time of day or
FC100: $2.00 – $2.50 per day
FC100 with Camera: $2.50 – $3.00 per day
FC100 with Camera Wireless: $3.50 – $4.00 per day
Product Technology & Performance:
While most interlock devices used today utilize fuel-cell technology which is alcohol specific, LifeSafer has, through 10+ years of research and development, developed a proprietary fuel-cell sensor technology with precision that is superior to commonly used evidential law enforcement equipment.
- The first interlock to meet National Highway Traffic Safety Association standards (1992)
- The first electronic information reporting system for ignition interlock programs (1994)
- FC100 – the most widely used interlock device in the U.S. today (introduced 1998)
- A patent-pending positive ID interlock device with a target-tracking camera (2005)
- A 2007 independent laboratory report conducted under National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) guidelines demonstrated the FC100™ producing “Evidential” quality BAC test results of +/- .005% over a BAC range of .010% to .10% and at temperatures ranging from extremes commonly found in automotive environments.
- More than 600,000 people have used LifeSafer interlocks
Need An Ignition Interlock Device?
LifeSafer offers the most user-friendly device on the market and sets the standard for ease, dependability and fair pricing. Our alcohol interlock devices meet and exceed the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) specifications and enable you to continue working and going about your daily life. LifeSafer interlocks have been used by more than 600,000 people and are the most widely used in the U.S. today.