Which Interlock Should I Get?
If you’re faced with the decision about which ignition interlock to get installed on your vehicle, you may be asking “What interlock is right for me?”
Do your homework. Not all ignition interlock devices are created alike. It’s an important decision – for a period of months, or even a year or more, the interlock device will be your companion on the road, helping you drive legally and safely.
So, what qualities should you look for in an interlock?
- Small, discreet size. No one wants a big, visible interlock on their dashboard. Some of the devices out there are as almost as large as paperback books. You’ll want to opt for an interlock that is small enough to be tucked away in the palm of your hand and be unobtrusive on the dashboard.
- Proven reliability. When you get in your car or truck, you expect to be on the road right away. That means your ignition interlock device needs to check your breath accurately and deliver a “pass” right away. That takes advanced and accurate alcohol-specific fuel cell technology.
- Ease of use. You need to keep your mind on your driving. An ignition interlock device should be easy to use, so you can blow breath tests when you need to without taking your eyes from the road.
- Wide acceptance. If you travel to another state, you want to make sure ignition interlock provider is there to support you. Some providers are only certified in a small number of states, so if you want to go for an extended stay out-of-state, you won’t be able to make your monitoring appointment.
- Experience. An ignition interlock is the link between you and the freedom to drive. You want a company with a lot of experience in every aspect of the field, from technology to installation and monitoring to local regulations.
One Company Meets All Requirements – LifeSafer
LifeSafer Ignition Interlock meets all these requirements and for 30 years has set the standard for the rest of the industry. Here’s why:
- Small, discreet size. The LifeSafer L250 is smaller than the average smartphone – about 2 inches wide by 4 inches long. It can be tucked out of the way on the dashboard when not in use and it fits snugly in your hand for easy test taking. Why have a bigger device than you need?
- Proven reliability. LifeSafer, the nation’s leader in ignition interlock technology, keeps hundreds of thousands of drivers on the road every day, using the most advanced fuel-cell alcohol detection technology available. A national network of experienced technicians keep the devices calibrated so they are always delivering accurate, reliable performance.
- Ease of use. The LifeSafer L250 is operated from an easy-to-read screen, which gives messages in plain English (or other languages as well). No complicated number codes. Follow the instructions and you’re on your way.
- Wide acceptance. LifeSafer devices are installed and serviced in 46 states and Canada, so you’ll always have the support you need. In addition, 24/7 phone support means you’ll have a helping hand anytime.
- Experience. LifeSafer helped launch the ignition interlock industry in 1991. Since then, we have driven the industry further and set the standard for reliable devices and world-class customer care. No company knows better how to keep you on the road every day, legally and safely.
If you do some comparison shopping, you’ll see that a LifeSafer ignition interlock is your best choice: the most advanced technology, unparalleled reliability, and a support network second to none. That’s why at any given moment there are hundreds of thousands of drivers on the road, going to work, dropping their kids off at school, and making the most of life – all of it made possible by a LifeSafer Ignition Interlock.
If the freedom to drive is a priority for you, choose LifeSafer.