Take time to take care of your car before the crazy holiday season
When it comes to the Holidays, the only thing you can be sure of is that they will make an already busy life even busier. Holiday parties, work events, shopping, and dinners out with friends and family are all added to your busy daily life, so having a vehicle breakdown can really put a wrench into things.
Before this Holiday season ramps up, one of the best ways to be prepared is to take care of your car and head off a break down before it happens. Here are a few ways you can ensure a smooth Holiday season for your vehicle:
- Have your oil changed – It’s easy to put off oil changes, but did you know they keep your entire vehicle running in tiptop shape? Change your oil every 3 months or at the manufacturer’s recommended amount of miles.
- Rotate your tires – Tire rotation is done to ensure the tires with the most tread are located on the front of your vehicle and that wear is even throughout.
- Put on snow tires – Especially in colder, snowy climates, snow tires ensure your safety should you hit a patch of black ice or deep snow conditions on the road.
- Top off your fluids – Antifreeze, windshield wiper, and transmission fluids are vital to keeping your vehicle in good working order.
- Check your brakes – Both front and back brakes should be in good working order before the cold, Holiday season begins.
During the crazy Holiday season it is easy to get overwhelmed with all you have to do, so don’t let a vehicle breakdown sideline you when need to get up and go. Follow proper vehicle maintenance procedures and take care of your car now so you can enjoy the Holidays when they arrive.