Steps to Regaining Your License in Georgia
Georgia ignition interlock laws require that any driver arrested for driving under the influence (DUI) have their license immediately suspended. However, you can usually regain driving privileges if you have in ignition interlock device installed. [more]
Here’s how to get back on the road after a DUI in Georgia – quickly, safely and legally.
- You will need for your suspension period to be completed. This is usually 120 days.
- Make an appointment to have your ignition interlock installed by calling toll-free 800-634-3077
- If required, you will have to attend a DUI school and obtain an Alcohol Risk Reduction Certificate. You can find out more about the schools here
- You will need proof of enrollment in a clinical treatment, or a certificate of eligibility for an interlock permit from a drug court program. You can obtain more information about these programs here
- Present the above documents to LifeSafer and have the interlock installed. You will receive a document as proof of installation.
- Bring the proof of installation and a $25 fee to DDS
- That’s it! You’re good to go. But remember…
- Come in for regular monitoring. This is essential for proper maintenance of the program as well as a condition for keeping your restricted license
LifeSafer Ignition Interlock of Georgia
LifeSafer offers complete installation and monitoring on a wide range of vehicles to help you maintain compliance with Georgia DUI conviction restrictions.
- Low cost
- Reliable “alcohol specific” technology – no false positives
- Expert technicians to help you every step of the way
- Direct communication with the state of Georgia to keep you in compliance with state reporting requirements
- 24/7/365 customer service, so you’ve always got the support you need