Steps to Regaining Your License in New Mexico
New Mexico ignition interlock laws require that any driver convicted of driving while intoxicated (DWI) must install an ignition interlock device, including an electronic log device, on every vehicle they own or which is registered to them. [more]
If you are convicted of DWI in New Mexico, you will be required to install an ignition interlock on your vehicle for at least one year. Also, if your license has been revoked for failure to submit to an alcohol test, you can regain your driving privileges if you install an ignition interlock.
Here’s how to get back on the road after a DWI in New Mexico – quickly, safely and legally.
- Make an appointment to have your ignition interlock installed by calling 800-634-3077
- Have the interlock installed. You will receive a contract as proof of installation
- You will need to sign and have notarized an Affidavit for Ignition Interlock License, which you can download here
- You can now obtain an interlock license at any New Mexico State MVD field office
- Bring identification and proof of insurance
- Pay the license fee
LifeSafer Ignition Interlock of New Mexico
LifeSafer offers complete installation and monitoring on a wide range of vehicles to help you maintain compliance with New Mexico DUI conviction restrictions.
- Low cost
- Reliable “alcohol specific” technology – no false positives
- Expert technicians to help you every step of the way
- Direct communication with the state of New Mexico to keep you in compliance with state reporting requirements
- 24/7/365 customer service, so you’ve always got the support you need
No more waiting.