Steps to Regaining Your License in South Dakota
South Dakota generally requires those convicted of DUI to participate in the state’s 24/7 Sobriety program. As part of the program, you may need to install an ignition interlock device (IID) in your vehicle. [more]
Here’s how to get back on the road after a DUI in South Dakota – quickly, safely and legally.
- In some cases you can request a hearing to challenge your suspension. Be sure to make your request before your suspension begins.
- If your license has been revoked, vision and knowledge tests, and possibly a driving test, will be required. If your license has been suspended, no tests will be required unless your license has expired.
- Enroll in the 24/7 Sobriety Program if required. You will need to sign and submit some forms. More information here. You can also call the 24/7 program on 605.202.0387 for more information
- Make an appointment to have your ignition interlock installed by calling toll-free 800-634-3077
- Have the IID installed
- Go to your local South Dakota driver license office. Pay a reinstatement fee of $50 – $200
- Show proof of SR-22 insurance
- For more information call the Department of Public Safety at 1.800.952.3696
- That’s it! You’re good to go. But remember…
- Come in for regular monitoring. This is essential for proper maintenance of the program as well as a condition for keeping your restricted license
LifeSafer® Ignition Interlock of South Dakota
LifeSafer offers complete installation and monitoring on a wide range of vehicles to help you maintain compliance with South Dakota DUI conviction restrictions.
• Low cost
• Reliable technology – no false positives
• Expert technicians to help you every step of the way
• Direct communication with the state of South Dakota to keep you in compliance with state reporting requirements
• 24/7/365 customer service, so you’ve always got the support you need