Steps to Regaining Your License in Kansas
Kansas ignition interlock laws require that any driver convicted of driving under the influence (DUI) must install an ignition interlock device, including an electronic log device, on every vehicle they own or which is registered to them. [more]
Here’s how to get back on the road after a DUI in Kansas – quickly, safely and legally.
- You will receive a letter from the Kansas DMV, stating how long your ignition interlock is required. Keep this letter, as it will serve as your license after your interlock is installed.
- Check on the status of your driving license here
- Download your application for a restricted interlock license here
- You will receive notice of your application being approved or denied
- Make an appointment to have your ignition interlock installed by calling toll-free 800-634-3077
- Have your interlock installed. Bring a copy of this form. LifeSafer will take care of everything else to inform the Driver Control Bureau that you have had the installation
- Remember to bring the letter informing you of your restriction to the appointment — it will be your driver’s license
- That’s it! You’re good to go. But remember…
- Come in for regular monitoring. This is essential for proper maintenance of the program as well as a condition for keeping your restricted license
LifeSafer® Ignition Interlock of Kansas
LifeSafer offers complete installation and monitoring on a wide range of vehicles to help you maintain compliance with Kansas DUI conviction restrictions.
- Low cost
- Reliable “alcohol specific” technology – no false positives
- Expert technicians to help you every step of the way
- Direct communication with the state of Kansas to keep you in compliance with state reporting requirements
- 24/7/365 customer service, so you’ve always got the support you need