Steps to Regaining Your License in Iowa
July 1, 2018, Iowa Code chapter 321J changed to eliminate the period of ineligibility for most Operating While Intoxicated (OWI) revocations and eliminate driving location restrictions.
If your license is revoked due to an OWI offense under Iowa Code chapter 321J, a temporary restricted license issued under chapter 321J allows you to operate a motor vehicle in any manner allowed for a person issued a valid noncommercial driver’s license unless otherwise prohibited by chapter 321J.
You must install an approved ignition interlock device on all vehicles owned or operated as a condition of your temporary restricted license.
If your OWI revocation began prior to July 1, 2018 and you are still under revocation, and otherwise eligible for a temporary restricted license, you may wish to apply or re-apply for a temporary restricted license on or after July 1, 2018 with no period of ineligibility and no driving location restrictions, if applicable.
Iowa’s ignition interlock laws allow certain people who have had their driver’s license revoked for an OWI (i.e., operating while intoxicated) to be eligible for a temporary restricted license if an ignition interlock device is installed on all vehicles. [more]
Here’s how to get back on the road after an OWI in Iowa – quickly, safely and legally.
LifeSafer® Ignition Interlock of Iowa
- Over 30 convenient locations across Iowa – we make it easy to find a convenient location for installation
- FREE convenient mailer program – no more taking time out of your day to have your device serviced
- Mobile installation service – we can come to your home or workplace to install your device
- Low cost
- Reliable technology – no false positives
- Expert technicians to help you every step of the way
- Direct communication with the state of Iowa to keep you in compliance with state reporting requirements
- 24/7/365 customer service, so you’ve always got the support you need
- LifeSafer offers complete installation and monitoring on a wide range of vehicles to help you maintain compliance with Iowa OWI conviction restrictions.