Steps to Regaining Your License in Maryland
According to Maryland law an ignition interlock device is required in order to regain driving privileges after some DUI offenses. [more]
Here’s how to get back on the road after a DUI in Maryland – quickly, safely and legally.
- Call LifeSafer of Maryland at 800-634-3077 and we will help you determine if you can avoid appearing in MVA court by having an ignition interlock installed
- If you have had a court conviction for DUI, you will have to wait out the terms of your suspension, and pay any fines that are due
- If your license has been suspended, call the Maryland Medical Advisory Board’s Driver Wellness and Safety Division at 410 768 7511 to determine your eligibility for a restricted license that allows you to go to work, school, or other authorized locations
- If you are eligible, the MVD will give you a document authorizing the installation of an ignition interlock device
- Make an appointment to have your ignition interlock installed by calling toll-free 800-634-3077
- Take the authorization document to LifeSafer and have the device installed
- After the installation LifeSafer will sign the authorization. You can take this to the MVA and receive your license
- That’s it! You’re good to go. But remember…
- Come in for regular monitoring. This is essential for proper maintenance of the program as well as a condition for keeping your restricted license
LifeSafer Ignition Interlock of Maryland
LifeSafer is the company Maryland drivers turn to first. We have been providing ignition interlocks for twenty years, supplying the most advanced technology at the most reasonable prices. We have experts on staff dedicated to providing answers to whatever questions you may have about using our devices and keeping your restricted driving program as easy to navigate as possible.
LifeSafer offers complete installation and monitoring on a wide range of vehicles to help you maintain compliance with Maryland DUI conviction restrictions.
- Low cost
- Reliable “alcohol specific” technology – no false positives
- Expert technicians to help you every step of the way
- Direct communication with the state of Maryland to keep you in compliance with state reporting requirements
- 24/7/365 customer service, so you’ve always got the support you need