Steps to Regaining Your License in South Carolina
South Carolina ignition interlock laws require that any driver convicted of driving under the influence (DUI) must install an ignition interlock device, including an electronic log device, on every vehicle they own or which is registered to them. [more]
Here’s how to get back on the road after a DUI in South Carolina – quickly, safely and legally.
Drivers in South Carolina with a suspended license may regain driving privileges by obtaining a Provisional License.
- You will need proof of enrollment in the Alcohol and Drug Safety Action Program. Go here to find a list of treatment providers in your area
- You will need SR-22 proof of insurance. Your insurance company or agent will be able to help you obtain this
- Make an appointment to have your ignition interlock installed by calling toll-free 800-634-3077
- Pay the reinstatement fee, usually $100
- That’s it! You’re good to go. But remember…
- Come in for regular monitoring. This is essential for proper maintenance of the program as well as a condition for keeping your restricted license
LifeSafer Ignition Interlock of South Carolina
LifeSafer offers complete installation and monitoring on a wide range of vehicles to help you maintain compliance with South Carolina DUI conviction restrictions.
- Low cost
- Reliable “alcohol specific” technology – no false positives
- Expert technicians to help you every step of the way
- Direct communication with the state of South Carolina to keep you in compliance with state reporting requirements
- 24/7/365 customer service, so you’ve always got the support you need