Regain Your License in Colorado
If you need an ignition interlock in Colorado, here’s how to get back on the road after a DUI in – quickly, safely and legally.
You can begin the reinstatement process while your license is revoked. Complete and mail your application 30-60 days before you are eligible to have your license reinstated, in order to allow the Division of Motor Vehicles to process your application.
- Make an appointment to have your LifeSafer ignition interlock installed by calling toll-free 800-634-3077.
- Install the ignition interlock device in your vehicle(s).
- Our state experts will walk you through the rest.
The state of Colorado also requires you complete the following steps. The LifeSafer team will walk you through it:
- Obtain an SR-22 certificate. An SR-22 form is something people carry to prove they are financially responsible and currently have the necessary auto insurance to operate a vehicle.
- Complete an Alcohol Certification: Form DR2598
- Complete a Reinstatement Application: Form DR2870
- Complete a notarized Restricted License Ignition Interlock Agreement Affidavit – Form DR2058
Colorado suspends the licenses of all drivers who are arrested for DUI or DWAI (Driving While Ability is Impaired). However, you may be able to have your driving privileges restored if you install an ignition interlock device in every vehicle you own, co-own or operate. [more]
LifeSafer Ignition Interlock in Colorado
LifeSafer offers complete installation and monitoring on a wide range of vehicles to help you maintain compliance with Colorado DUI conviction restrictions.
- Low cost
- Reliable technology
- Expert technicians to help you every step of the way
- Direct communication with the state of Colorado to keep you in compliance with state reporting requirements
- 24/7/365 customer service, so you always get the support you need