Steps to Regaining Your License in Washington
Washington ignition interlock laws require that any driver convicted of driving under the influence (DUI) must install an ignition interlock device. [more]
Here’s how to get back on the road after a DUI in Washington – quickly, safely and legally.
To drive after a DUI in Washington requires an IIL (Ignition Interlock License). You may apply as soon as you want after your arrest. However, your court sentence will ultimately determine when you can start driving.
- Call (800) 328-9890 or find a LifeSafer location and make an appointment to have your ignition interlock installed
- If you need financial assistance for the Interlock, submit form DR-500-024 to the DOL
- Have the interlock installed. LifeSafer will notify the DOL of your installation
- Provide an SR-22 Certificate or other proof of financial responsibility. A car insurance agent can help you with this.
- Complete a restricted Driver License application, form DR-500-001
- Submit your application form and $100 fee to any DOL office, or mail with a check to Restricted Driver License, Department of Licensing, PO Box 3907, Seattle, WA 98124-3907
- If your application is approved, you will be mailed your Restricted Driver license
- That’s it! You’re good to go. But remember…
- Come in for regular monitoring. This is essential for proper maintenance of the program as well as a condition for keeping your restricted license
LifeSafer® Ignition Interlock of Washington
LifeSafer offers complete installation and monitoring on a wide range of vehicles to help you maintain compliance with Washington DUI conviction restrictions.
- Lowest cost in Washington guaranteed
- Reliable technology – no false positives
- Expert technicians to help you every step of the way
- Direct communication with the state of Washington to reduce hassles and keep you in compliance with state reporting requirements
- 24/7/365 customer service, so you’ve always got the support you need
Ask About Our Start-Up Package
- Complete Installation (LifeSafer FC100)
- 1 Month Unit Rental & Monitoring
- Training on the LifeSafer Interlock Device
- We immediately notify the DOL that you are installed
- Free Electrical System Check
- Low monthly rate thereafter
- Optional Theft Protection
Get Started now. Find a LifeSafer installer here or call Toll Free (800) 328-9890