Restore your freedom to drive quickly, easily, and legally

An interlock license can help you reduce or avoid suspension and keep you driving when and where you need to. Find out how below.

Get your license back in Nebraska after a DUI

If this is not your first DUI offense or if you refused to take the chemical test, you may have a required no-drive period. No-drive periods are: None – First-time offenders who failed a chemical test; 45 days – Prior offenders who failed a chemical test; 90 days – All offenders who refused a chemical test.

How do I get an interlock license?

  • Call the Department of Motor Vehicles at 402-471-3985 to find out whether you are eligible to apply for an Ignition Interlock Permit.

  • Once your verify your eligibility, call LifeSafer Ignition Interlock at 800-634-3077 to schedule your ignition interlock installation. Ask about discounts and special offers.

  • Apply for your IIP (Ignition Interlock Permit). All necessary paperwork and eligibility requirements must be submitted to the Department of Motor Vehicles, Financial Responsibility Division in Lincoln.

  • Application requirements include: Nebraska residency Current certificate of LifeSafer installation Current driver license (to be surrendered) Reinstatement of any other open suspensions or revocations

  • Visit to learn more about application requirements and to download forms.