Vermont’s Best Ignition Interlock

Join the over 1.5 million customers that have saved time and money with LifeSafer.

  • Guaranteed Same Day Installation or Your First Month Free
  • The Only Fully Online Enrollment with No-Call Install™
  • Less Than 5 Minutes to schedule
  • The Smallest Device on the Market
  • The Easiest to Use Device on the Market

*Same Day Installation where available, Not applicable with other offers.

Get Back On The Road Quickly

LifeSafer has been the best ignition interlock provider in Vermont for over 30 years. We offer the most affordable pricing in the state. We save you time and money with our online scheduling tool No-Call Install™, the only fully online enrollment process on the market. Need Same Day Installation? LifeSafer is the only interlock provider that gives you guaranteed same day installation or your first month is free. Get back on the road today!

Guaranteed Same Day Installation

Sign-up Online In Just 5 Minutes

The Smallest Device On The Market

vermont Interlock Process

How do I get an interlock license?

1.) Determine Eligibility

Contact the Vermont DMV at 802-828-2061 to make sure that you are eligible for an RDL.

If your license has been suspended for a DUI in Vermont, you can apply for a Restricted Driving License (RDL) which allows you to drive provided you have an ignition interlock device installed on your vehicle. You will receive a packet of information from the DMV in the mail.

2.) Apply For A License

Apply for an RDL at the Montpelier DMV office. Pay the $125 application fee or $150 for an Enhanced Driver’s License (EDL).

Note: This is a yearly RDL renewal cost.

3.) Install An Ignition Interlock

Call LifeSafer Ignition Interlock at 800-634-3077 to schedule your ignition interlock installation or schedule online.

4.) Obtain SR-22 Insurance

You will need an SR-22 or other proof of financial responsibility. An insurance agent can help you with this

You will need proof of enrollment in an alcohol and driving education program, approved by project CRASH. An authorized project CRASH agent will have to complete form TA-VL-81.

If your license was revoked or has been expired for three or more years, you must take the eye, written, and driving exams prior to obtaining an RDL. Call 802-828-2061 for further information.

If you are taking your written test, then you will receive your RDL that day after you pass the test and provide all your documents. If not, you can come to the Vermont DMV and present your completed paperwork. You will be issued your RDL on the spot.