- State Information
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Washington D.C.
- West Virginia
- Find a Location
- Why Choose LifeSafer?
Lifesafer Ignition Interlock Now Available In Maine
LifeSafer Ignition Interlock is open for business in Maine with quality locations for your convenience. We’ll help guide you through everything you need in order for you to regain your freedom to drive, including the installation of your ignition interlock device (IID). Here’s a look at some of the resources we can provide to you as you navigate through your interlock program.
When can I get my Ignition Interlock Device (IID) installed?
The reinstatement of driving privileges of a person convicted of an alcohol-related offense is dependent upon the completion of all other conditions and installation of an approved ignition interlock device. LifeSafer is an approved provider in Maine.
The installation of the car breathalyzer is voluntary for early restoration of your license and is based on the following:
- One OUI Offense: Reinstated after serving 30 days of the 150-day suspension if an approved ignition interlock device is installed and maintained.
- Two OUI Offenses: Reinstated after serving 9 months of the 3-year suspension if an approved ignition interlock device is installed and maintained.
- Three OUI Offenses: Reinstated after serving 3-years of the 6-year suspension if an approved ignition interlock device is installed and maintained.
- Four OUI Offenses: Reinstated after serving 4-years of the 8-year suspension if an approved ignition interlock device is installed and maintained.
For more information on Maine OUI laws and how to have an interlock device installed, visit our Maine state page. https://www.lifesafer.com/locations/maine/
What are the steps to license recovery in Maine?
If you were charged with an OUI in Maine and are required to have an interlock device, the features and required length of your interlock will be determined by The State of Maine’s ignition interlock program. A person who qualifies for restoration with an ignition interlock device:
- must file a petition
- pay the $50 application fee
- receive written approval from the Secretary of State prior to IID installation
Here are some additional resources to help you through license recovery:
Maine Recovery Checklist Video
Maine License Recovery Checklist pdf
How can I find a LifeSafer Ignition Interlock location?
Contact our Customer Support Team at 800-634-3077 and they will find the closest location to you in Maine or you can use the Maine Location Finder.
What information do I need to bring to my installation?
LifeSafer has helpful resources to get you prepared for your installation:
Call 800-634-3077 today and a Customer Support Expert will be happy to help you get started. They are experts in the Maine ignition interlock process and will get your car breathalyzer installation scheduled, answer all your questions, and guide you through the process to get you back on the road quickly, safely, and legally. Ask them about our current offers.