The Best Ignition Interlock Won’t Leave You Out in the Cold
How important is the warm-up time of an ignition interlock device (IID) when choosing a provider? Before you decide which IID to install, you should consider how easy it is to use in cold weather.
At a minimum, you want an ignition interlock that is NHTSA certified to function properly in temperatures as low as -40 degrees Fahrenheit. That way no matter where you live, you are guaranteed to have a properly functioning device in the cold. LifeSafer Ignition Interlock devices are all NHTSA certified.
LifeSafer knows you don’t want to sit in a cold car while your device warms up. Our engineers made it easy to pre-program the LifeSafer device to warm up in advance – so your interlock device is ready to go when you are.
Here are just a few of the advantages of having a LifeSafer IID during the chilly months ahead:
- During cold months, you can pre-program your LifeSafer IID for up to three warm-up times in 24 hours. Each warm-up time lasts 20 minutes so you can test and go without waiting.
- Set your warm-up times for whenever it is convenient for you. Need to get to work or school at a certain time in the morning? Only have 45 minutes to run out at lunch? What time do you leave the office? Let your lifestyle determine when to set up the warm-up times.
- Each device has heating elements to keep all parts of the unit warm so even without preset warmups, it takes less time to test with LifeSafer in cold weather.
When you have your LifeSafer IID installed, the technician will guide you through the steps to set up personalized, warm-up times. You will also be given a user guide that contains the easy steps for pre-programming warm-up times.
Cold weather cautions:
- As with any Breath Alcohol Ignition Interlock Device (BAIID), no part of the device, mouthpiece, or connections should be allowed to lay on the vehicle floor. This is especially true in freezing, wet weather as the internal components may become damaged.
- Store your mouthpieces somewhere warm, like in your house. If you leave them out in the elements or even in your car, ice and moisture can form which can interfere with testing. In order to pass a test successfully, always make sure the mouthpiece is clean and dry.
- Prior to a test, do not use windshield washer fluid that contains de-icer especially with your windows up.
- Never attempt to use jumper cables on another vehicle or your own. Voltage fluctuations can result in a violation or early recall.
Best IID for cold weather – Let’s get started
Now that you know testing is quick and easy in cold weather with LifeSafer Ignition Interlock devices, let’s get started. Call today 800-634-3077 and talk to a Customer Support Expert who will set up your installation and answer all your questions. You’ll be back on the road in no time – safely, quickly, and legally.
For more information visit: lifesafer.com.