Restore your freedom to drive quickly, easily, and legally

An interlock license can help you reduce or avoid suspension and keep you driving when and where you need to. Find out how below.

Get your license back in Iowa after an OWI

Iowa may offer a $625 fine reduction if you install an interlock.

How do I get an interlock license?

  • View your reinstatement requirements on the official Iowa MVD website. Requirements may include obtaining an SR-22 Insurance certificate, attending alcohol education classes and other documentation.

  • Call LifeSafer Ignition Interlock at 800-634-3077 to schedule your ignition interlock installation. Ask about discounts and money saving offers.

  • Bring Temporary Restricted License (TRL) application (Form 430400), DOT required documentation and fees to a DOT Drivers License Center.

  • Bring your TRL to court and the judge may reduce your fine by up to $625.