LifeSafer Ignition Interlock


How do I get an interlock license?

Your license is taken until the court hearing date. Trials take place 60 days at the earliest. Upon conviction, your license is suspended for 30, 60, or 90 days up to one year or longer, based on the severity of the charge. Do not drive while your license is suspended.

Other LifeSafer Locations Near You

Information on Pennsylvania DWI and Ignition Interlock Laws

Administrative and Judicial

Pennsylvania laws require that an ignition interlock device be installed in the vehicle(s) of DUI/DAI (Driving Under the Influence/Driving After Imbibing) offenders who have been convicted of a 2nd or subsequent offense, or of refusing to take an alcohol test. You also face other penalties. Unlike most states, Pennsylvania does not suspend your license automatically before a trial (administrative suspension); all consequences from a DUI/DAI are from the court.

In addition, alcohol screening and rehabilitation may be required You may be eligible for an occupational limited license (OLL), which lets you drive a specific vehicle for work, medical treatment, or school. After your 1st DUI offense, you may be eligible for the OLL after serving 60 days of your suspension. If you have been suspended for 18 months with one prior offense, you may be eligible for an OLL after 12 months if you install an ignition interlock in your vehicle.

Every situation and state is unique, please consult with your attorney or your state licensing authority to confirm your requirements and obligations.

The information provided on this website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information, content, and materials available on this site are for general informational purposes only. Information on this website may not constitute the most up-to-date legal or other information. This website contains links to other third-party websites for the convenience of our readers. Links from LifeSafer Ignition Interlock to other sites, or from other sites to the LifeSafer, do not constitute an endorsement by LifeSafer.  

How much does an interlock cost in Pennsylvania?

Pennsylvania drivers can expect to pay about the national average ($3 per day) for an ignition interlock device (IID), also known as a car breathalyzer.

It’s good to be thrifty, of course, but the cheapest car breathalyzer is not necessarily going to be the best value. When shopping for one in the keystone state, you must ask yourself about the quality of the device, the quality and availability of installation centers, and what kind of customer service you are getting.

Lifesafer IIDs are carefully tested in the factory. Before we send them out the door, we test our interlocks for accuracy and calibrate them for perfect precision.

Your local Pennsylvania installation center is staffed with experienced technicians who are trained to install an interlock on your vehicle no matter what you drive.

When you set your program up with LifeSafer, you have access to support staff that is dedicated to making it a success. Our customer service and reporting specialists have your back 24/7 in case any issues arise.

We know how crucial this is to you. That’s why we are committed to providing you with a great product, customer support you can trust, and pro installation so that your device works right 100% of the time.

Get back on the road today.

Schedule your installation appointment now!