Restore your freedom to drive quickly, easily, and legally

An interlock license can help you reduce or avoid suspension and keep you driving when and where you need to. Find out how below.

Washington Interlock Laws

To drive after a DUI in Washington state requires an IIL (Ignition Interlock License). You may apply as soon as you want after your arrest. However, your court sentence will ultimately determine when you can start driving again. Learn more below.

Get your license back in Washington after a DUI

To check the status of your license and find any reinstatement requirements, visit the Washington DOL License Express (

How do I get an interlock license?

  • After your arraignment, call LifeSafer Ignition Interlock at 800-634-3077 to schedule your ignition interlock installation. Ask about discounts and special offers. Pre trial installation is possible to keep you driving.

  • LifeSafer will send the Washington Department of Licensing proof of installation.

  • You may need an alcohol assessment.

  • Get proof of financial responsibility, such as a Certificate of Insurance (SR-22). A car insurance agent can help you with this.

  • Apply online through License eXpress or submit a Restricted Driver License Application with the fee.