Louisiana Ignition Interlock DWI Laws

Interlock Process

An interlock license can help you reduce or avoid suspension and keep you driving when and where you need to. Find out how below.

How do I get an interlock license?

  • Requirements for hardship licenses vary, so call the Louisiana Office of Motor vehicles at 225-925-6146 to determine if you are eligible for a hardship license.

  • Call LifeSafer Ignition Interlock at 800-634-3077 to schedule your ignition interlock installation. Ask about discounts and special offers!

  • You may need various documents to apply for your hardship license, including SR-22 proof of insurance, your completed LifeSafer interlock lease agreement, a recommendation from support services and a court order.

  • Take your required documents to a Louisiana Motor Vehicle Field office to obtain your hardship license.

Interlock Cost

How much does an interlock cost in Louisiana?

Louisiana residents pay around the national average for an ignition interlock (IID), which is $3 per day. Why you might be inclined to find a better deal in the Bayou State, LifeSafer is the most trusted option.

For over 30 years, we’ve been calibrating and testing our interlock devices before they reach your local service center to ensure quality. We only use certified technicians we trust so that devices are installed correctly from the beginning. When you have questions or need help with your device, you can’t beat our customer service and reporting specialists on standby.

We understand how important it is that your program is a success and LifeSafer is here to help.

LifeSafer Ignition Interlock reviews from Trustpilot

Convenient LifeSafer interlock installers throughout Louisiana