LifeSafer Ignition Interlock

New Jersey Requirements

Get The Highest Rated Interlock.

By submitting this form, you agree and consent for LifeSafer and its affiliates to use automated technology, including emails, calls, texts, and prerecorded messages, to contact you at the information provided. No purchase necessary; message and data rates may apply.

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

NJ Certified

LifeSafer is a NJMVC certified ignition interlock provider.

DUI Checklist

Download a New Jersey License Restoration Checklist now.

Schedule Online

Schedule your installation online with LifeSafer No-Call Install™.

Quality Locations

LifeSafer has over 1,600+ locations nationwide.

New Jersey DUI Laws


In New Jersey, anyone driving with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of .08 or greater is considered to be DUI. However, a judge may order an ignition interlock device (IID) for anyone arrested driving with a BAC of .08 or over.


First-time DUI offenders in New Jersey whose BAC is .15 or higher, as well as offenders who refuse to submit to an alcohol test, must install an IID in their vehicles during license suspension and for six months to one year following license restoration. Repeat offenders must have an interlock installed during license suspension and for a period of one to three years after license restoration.

When you are convicted of a DUI, you must immediately turn your license over to the court. New Jersey does not have a temporary or work license option and you may not drive while your license is suspended. For the duration of the interlock period, you may not drive any vehicle other than one in which an IID has been installed. Failure to have a car breathalyzer installed when ordered could result in an additional one-year driving privilege suspension. If you’re convicted of a DUI you will be required to be complete an Intoxicated Driver Program (IDP) at an Intoxicated Driving Resource Center (IDRC).

State IID Application

New Jersey DUI Resources

Need to restore your license? We will send you a personalized license restoration process outlining every step of the way.

*Every situation and state is unique, please consult with your attorney or your state licensing authority to confirm your requirements and obligations.

The information provided on this website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information, content, and materials available on this site are for general informational purposes only. Information on this website may not constitute the most up-to-date legal or other information. This website contains links to other third-party websites for the convenience of our readers. Links from LifeSafer Ignition Interlock to other sites, or from other sites to the LifeSafer, do not constitute an endorsement by LifeSafer.  

New Jersey Ignition Interlock Pricing

An ignition interlock (IID) is about $3 per day on average in New Jersey but what you are paying for goes beyond the device. LifeSafer IIDs are tested and calibrated for accuracy before ever going out the door.

Our customer service and reporting specialists are also part of LifeSafer’s value to our customers. Your local authorized New Jersey installation center is constantly updating their training and calibration service so your program runs smoothly and we can install an interlock on any vehicle. There is a lot riding on your device working properly and LifeSafer invests in accuracy and ease of use.

New Jersey DUI Attorneys

With a team dedicated to finding experienced DUI attorneys in New Jersey, LifeSafer works to make your ignition interlock experience as easy as possible. Call today to learn about our attorney partners, and gain the support you need to find the best DUI attorney near you.

Speak To An NJ Expert

Our New Jersey state experts can answer any questions you have. Give them a call today and get your installation scheduled quickly.

NJ License Checklist

Need a step by step guide for navigating license restoration in New Jersey? Get started here and download your license restoration checklist. Get back on the road quickly!

Regain Your NJ License Today!

We can help you regain your driving privileges quickly. Call for a quote or schedule your installation online.